Calling all dentists!
Serve your profession and enjoy a fun weekend in the mountains with CE and the famous hot springs of Glenwood!
CDA Annual Session
June 4-7, 2020
Hotel Colorado in Glenwood Springs, CO
Represent your component as a delegate to serve the CDA or run for a CDA officer or ADA delegate position!
Register with Your Component to Be a CDA Delegate
The CDA House of Delegates is comprised of member dentists from around the state. The House of Delegates will be held on Friday, June 5, 2020.
To volunteer as a delegate, contact your component leadership or the CDA (303-996-2844 or firstname.lastname@example.org). Prior experience is not necessary, and we encourage anyone interested to participate. The role of a delegate allows you to learn about and act on issues affecting your profession. It’s also a great opportunity for new dentists to get involved and network with other dentists statewide. The deadline to submit your name is April 3.
Serve Your Profession as an Elected Leader
The CDA House of Delegates is electing new officers during the Annual Session.
- CDA Speaker of the House: Must be an active or a retired member in good standing with the CDA for at least five years. The Speaker of the House presides at all sessions of the House of Delegates and acts as parliamentarian for the Board of Trustees.
- CDA Vice President: Must be an active or a retired member in good standing with the CDA for at least five years. CDA bylaws require the position to be filled by a MDDS member in 2020. While not assured by election, it is anticipated the vice president will progress through the officer positions of president-elect and president.
- CDA Treasurer (two-year term): Must be an active or a retired member in good standing with the CDA for at least five years. The treasurer serves as the custodian of all monies, securities and deeds belonging to the association and is subject to the direction and procedures established by the CDA Board of Trustees.
- Delegate to the American Dental Association 2021-2023 (three-year term) (three positions available): Must be an active or a retired member in good standing with the CDA. Must have served as an ADA alternate delegate for at least one year and served as a CDA delegate for at least three years. The term begins at ADA 2021 in Las Vegas, NV.
- Alternate Delegate to the American Dental Association 2021 (one-year term) (six reimbursed/four non-reimbursed positions): Must be an active or a retired member in good standing with the CDA. Must have served as a CDA delegate for at least two years or have served as an ADA delegate or alternate delegate in the past. Nominations of new dentists (those less than 10 years in practice) are encouraged.
If you are interested in running for any of these positions, contact Molly Pereira by April 3 at email@example.com or 303-996-2844.
The House of Delegates will vote on resolutions brought forth by CDA members. If you or your component would like to submit a resolution, please do so in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 3.
Contact Molly Pereira at email@example.com or 303-996-2844.