The CDA Annual Session allows you to combine a family-fun weekend with business and CE. This year, we’re holding the meeting in beautiful Crested Butte, Colo. It’s a great opportunity to get involved with organized dentistry. Volunteer to be a delegate today or run for an officer position!
Register With Your Component to Be a CDA Delegate
Represent your component as a delegate to the CDA House of Delegates on Friday, June 8. If you’d like to be a delegate, contact your component president or the CDA (303-996-2844 or email@example.com). Prior experience is not necessary, and we encourage anyone interested to participate. The role of a delegate allows you to learn about and take action on issues affecting your profession. It’s also a great opportunity for new dentists to get involved and network with other dentists statewide. The deadline to submit your name is April 2.
Be Elected to Serve Your Profession
The CDA House of Delegates is electing new officers during the Annual Session.
- CDA Speaker of the House: Must be an active or a retired member in good standing with the CDA for at least five years. The Speaker of the House presides at all sessions of the House of Delegates and acts as parliamentarian for the Board of Trustees.
- CDA 2nd Vice President: Must be an active or a retired member in good standing with the CDA for at least five years. CDA bylaws require the position to be filled by a non-MDDS member in 2018. While not assured by election, it is anticipated the 2nd vice president will progress through the officer positions of 1st vice president, president-elect, president and immediate past president.
- CDA Treasurer (two-year term): Must be an active or a retired member in good standing with the CDA for at least five years. The treasurer serves as the custodian of all monies, securities and deeds belonging to the association and is subject to the direction and procedures established by the CDA Board of Trustees.
- Delegate to the American Dental Association 2019-2021 (three-year term) (two positions available): Must be an active or a retired member in good standing with the CDA. Must have served as an ADA alternate delegate for at least one year and served as a CDA delegate for at least three years. The term begins at ADA 2019 in San Francisco.
- Alternate Delegate to the American Dental Association 2019 (one-year term) (six reimbursed/four non-reimbursed positions): Must be an active or a retired member in good standing with the CDA. Must have served as a CDA delegate for at least two years or have served as an ADA delegate or alternate delegate in the past. Nominations of new dentists (those less than 10 years in practice) are encouraged.
If you are interested in running for a position, contact Molly Pereira by April 2 at firstname.lastname@example.org or 303-996-2844.
The House of Delegates also will vote on resolutions brought forth by CDA members. If you or your component would like to submit a resolution, do so in writing to email@example.com by April 2. Download the New Resolution Form.
Contact Molly Pereira at firstname.lastname@example.org or 303-996-2844.