The deadline to apply for the inaugural class of the CDA Diversity in Leadership program is Dec. 23, so don’t wait. Apply today!
Participants will develop leadership skills through an accelerated program of education, mentoring, and executive coaching. This program will also broaden their professional network and give participants the opportunity to apply what have learned to a leadership project. Participants also will have a hand in selecting and then mentoring the next class of participants.
Who Should Apply
Talented and highly motivated individuals, both CDA members and non-CDA members, who belong to underrepresented groups and practice models. Those who have an interest in demonstrating leadership in their communities and profession should apply. Candidates in their final year of dental school or residency are eligible and encouraged to apply.
Accepted applicants will be notified by Feb. 1, 2018. The program is free for CDA members and $250 for non-CDA members.
Applicants should be willing to commit substantial time to the two-year program by participating in the following activities:
- 3 face-to-face leadership training courses
- Course dates for the class of 2018-19 are April 19-20, 2018; Sept. 27-28, 2018; and April 18-19, 2019.
- Monthly 60-minute conference calls among CDA staff, advisors, and other participants
- Active participation in the online platform
- Completion of a leadership project
- Mentorship of a future class
Apply or Nominate a Fellow Dentist