The Colorado Dental Board is seeking volunteers to serve on a committee that will review anesthesia permit applications. This volunteer opportunity can provide great experience for dentists who may eventually be interested in serving on the Colorado Dental Board, though there is no guarantee for or obligation to further service.
Volunteers for the anesthesia review committee must hold an active permit in moderate sedation or deep sedation/general anesthesia, be licensed in Colorado for at least five years and have no disciplinary action on their record. Volunteers will serve a three-year term on the review committee, which will meet monthly. Teleconferencing is available for dentists outside the Denver metro area.
Dentists interested in this opportunity are asked to submit a current CV and interest letter to the state board. Please include the following information in your materials:
• Location(s) of your practice (city)
• Any board certification(s)
• Status of life support training (BLS, ACLS, PALS – include dates)
• The number and types of anesthesia cases you handle in a given year
• A list of anesthesia related continuing education completed in the last 3-5 years
• Any other pertinent information highlighting your knowledge, skills and professional experience in this area
We encourage you to submit your application for the anesthesia permit review committee as soon as possible and no later than June 21, 2019. Applications may be submitted by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.