November 25, 2014
There’s still time to register for Give Kids a Smile Day (GKAS) on Friday, Feb. 6, 2015! While that date might seem far away, now is the time to register and to plan your GKAS program. GKAS is a day of free dental treatment and education for kids from families without the means to afford dental care. CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!
CU School of Dental Medicine:
While you can participate in GKAS from your private office, the CDA also offers the opportunity for you and your clinical team to volunteer at the CU School of Dental Medicine in Aurora, CO. We supply the patients, the instruments and third-year dental students to assist you. This is a great way to help treat deserving kids AND mentor CU dental students. If you are interested in volunteering at CU, you don’t need to register with the ADA, you just need to contact Molly Pereira at firstname.lastname@example.org or 303-996-2844 by Dec. 15, 2014.
GKAS participating private offices are responsible for recruiting patients for their February programs. Please see tips below. That said, the CDA is happy to list your GKAS event on the CDA Website to help school nurses and the public find GKAS appointments across the state. If you would like the CDA to list your office as a location with GKAS appointments available, please e-mail Molly Pereira at email@example.com the following information:
- Dentist(s) name
- Office address (where GKAS event will take place)
- Phone number for appointments
- Spanish speaking/bilingual ability
- Any unique details regarding your event (i.e. hygiene only, screenings only, etc.)
This information will be posted at www.cdaonline.org/GKASpatient. Once your GKAS schedule is full, please let Molly know to remove you from the list.
- For scheduling tips, please click here
- For patient recruiting tips, please click here (note: this article is from 2012, so the dates listed reflect a prior event, however, the article itself offers excellent tips for dental offices)
As always, the CDA is here to help you. Additional information is available at www.cdaonline.org/GKAS. If we can answer any GKAS questions, don’t hesitate to contact us at 303-740-6900 or 800-343-3010.