From the Fall 2019 Journal of the Colorado Dental Association
Environmentally friendly supplies are still a work in progress in the dental industry. That said, there are dental supplies and small equipment designed to be kind to the planet, your patients and your dental team.
- Chlorine-free cotton. Stock up on sterile sponges that are free of toxic pesticides and insecticides and created using totally chlorine-free practices. SafeGauze Green Sponges are made with organically grown cotton and Lyocell® made from wood pulp, certified by the Forest Stewardship Council.
- Responsible packaging. Protect your health, the environment and your supply costs with reduced or recycled product packaging. Nova Gloves are just one of PureLife’s many disposable and infection control products that use at least 70% recycled materials for its boxes.
- EPA-compliant equipment. Get ahead of amalgam regulations with an affordable separator and convenient waste disposal. The CDA endorses Solmetex for amalgam separators. Mention you’re a CDA member to receive a free Hg5 collection container and Hg5 recycle kit. Learn more at com/dealer-locator/.
- Recycled plastics. Lessen the use of virgin plastic resins made from non-renewable natural resources. BeeSure 90° Right Prophy Angles from EcoBee® are latex-free and made of 50% recycled plastic, designed to fit all standard-size handpieces.
- Biodegradable solutions. Kill TB, viruses, bacteria and fungi without phenols or aldehydes that are harmful to health. BioSurf Surface Disinfectant is a non-toxic option to quickly clean and disinfect practice surfaces while being patient, staff and planet friendly.
As a CDA member, you can shop online for eco-friendly supplies at negotiated discounts at tdsc.com/ecofriendly. All eco-friendly supplies are marked with a leaf icon and qualify for free shipping.