The Colorado Department of Health Care Policy and Financing (HCPF) is looking to assess the continued need, appropriateness, and cost-effectiveness of its rules and determine whether those rules should be continued, modified, or repealed. In regard to the Colorado Medicaid dental program, for both adults and children, dentists who either love or dislike aspects of what’s covered versus not covered in the program, as well as the different limits imposed and other factors, should submit comments. This is their opportunity to request change or preserve what is working well.
Rules Up for Review
HCPF will collect comments from now until Aug. 30, 2017, for each section of rules they’re reviewing, which are:
- Current Rule 8.200: Physician Services
- Current Rule 8.201: Adult Dental Services
- Current Rule 8.202: Dental Services for Children
- Current rule 8.220: Competitive Procurement and Selective Contracting
- Current Rule 8.221: General Provisions
- Current Rule 8.295: School-Based Health Center Benefit Coverage Standard
- Current Rule 8.660: Laboratory and X-Ray
How to Submit Comments
Learn more about the rules and more about what HCPF will consider as it reviews these rules. To submit comments, email HCPF_RegulatoryEfficiencyReview@state.co.us or mail to Colorado Department of Health Care Policy and Financing, Attn: Compliance and Stakeholder Relations Unit, 1570 Grant St., Denver, CO 80203.