The Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment (CDPHE) Radiation Program is proposing changes to its x-ray regulations, specifically Part 6 (X-Rays in the Healing Arts) and Part 2 (Registration of Machines, Facilities and Services), which apply to dental offices.
The CDA is working with dental radiology experts to evaluate these potential changes and how they might affect dental practices. Updates will be provided to CDA members in coming weeks. We also will be representing your interests at stakeholder meetings, but the more dentists’ voices in this discussion the better.
What You Need to Know
- CDPHE created a list of potential changes to x-ray regulations.
- Consistent with state law, changes being considered for Part 6 would be modeled after those found in the Conference of Radiation Control Program Directors Part F model regulation.
Ways to Provide Feedback
- Attend one of three stakeholder meetings to offer in-person comments:
- Jan. 18 in Colorado Springs
- Jan. 26 in Denver
- Feb. 1 in Grand Junction
- Email email@example.com with comments on or before Feb. 28.
- Call in to the the meeting. (Call-in information will be posted on the rulemaking timeline as it becomes available.)