The CDA recently submitted comments to the Colorado Department of Healthcare Policy and Financing (HCPF) regarding the rebidding process for Medicaid and CHP+ dental vendor contracts. While the state currently contracts with DentaQuest for Medicaid and Delta Dental of Colorado for CHP+, the agency plans to use one administrative service organization as the vendor for both programs.
In response to the HCPF’s request for input, the CDA’s comments urged the agency to select a vendor that will:
- provide a high level of service and streamlined billing processes for participating dentists
- provide support services to offset state and federal mandates unique to publicly funded programs (like translation services or even e-prescribing technology solutions for opioid prescriptions)
- accommodate incentive models that would increase prevention (such as an increase in annual maximum benefits if preventive services are used)
- implement incentive models for provider recruitment in targeted areas
- provide robust program integrity services that alleviate contingency audit requirements
- provide benefits administration for expanded senior adult benefits, should they be added in the future.
You can read the full comment letter here.
The Medicaid Rate Review Advisory Committee meets Sept. 21. The meeting is open to the public and accepting comment from stakeholders on the review of provider rate reimbursements.
Access additional information including agenda here.