|Dentists: Send a Letter to the Editor of your local newspaper
in Support of Medicaid Adult Dental BenefitsLet’s make our voices heard within our communities that basic Medicaid dental coverage for Colorado adults will strengthen the overall health of Colorado.
Please find below contact information for Colorado’s many daily newspapers, as well as draft letters and tips for writing your local paper. Send them an email and let the editors and readers know that an adult Medicaid dental benefit is an idea whose time has come.
Please click the following link to review sample letters to a newspaper:
Tips for a strong Letter to the Editor:
- Focus your letter—Shorter is better and generally 200 words are recommended.
- Open with a strong statement, and be sure to place the most important information at the beginning. Often, letters are edited to fit the space available—most often they are cut from the bottom up.
- Use a personal story or illustration to make your point.
- Tie your letter to a recent piece of news, editorial, or a prior letter to the editor, and, if you do so, reference the title and date of the article in your letter. If you are referring to a newspaper article, send your letter as soon as possible after an article has been published in the paper.
- In your signature line include your name, daytime and evening telephone numbers, email address, and mailing address so the paper can verify that you wrote the letter. Some editors may write or call to confirm your information. Only your name and city will be published.
Contact Information for Colorado Newspapers:
Boulder Daily Camera
Colorado Springs Gazette
Craig Daily Press
The Denver Post
Fort Collins Coloradoan
Fort Morgan Times
Glenwood Springs Post Independent
Grand Junction Sentinel
La Junta Tribune-Democrat
Longmont Daily Times-Call
Loveland Daily Reporter-Herald
Montrose Daily Press
Salida Mountain Mail
Steamboat Pilot & Today