Part-time – 21-32 hours per week
Under minimal supervision, performs dental hygiene services for the care and treatment of patients in the School-Based Dental Sealant program across the Denver Metro area. This will include an assessment and treatment plan within the scope of practice of a Licensed Dental Hygienist in Colorado to complete oral hygiene instruction, fluoride application, and placement of dental sealants.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides preventive measures including the application of fluoride and dental sealants.
- Completes a thorough dental screening on every patient.
- Completes retention checks.
- Takes intraoral images for documentation, patient education, and referral to a KIND clinic or patient’s dental home clinic.
- Works collaboratively with the school nurse at each school to identify patients in need.
- Completes referrals for early and urgent care to the KIND clinic or patients’ dental home clinic.
- May be asked to help and/or participate in the KIND clinics, outreach school or screening events, SBHC, and all KIND team functions.
- Daily maintenance of mobile equipment.
- Daily travel to school sites in some cases more than one school per day.
- If applicable – Acts as a preceptor for second-year dental hygiene students and CU Dental students
- Weekly moving and lifting of mobile equipment to each school site as indicated by the school schedule.
- Communication with the students’ guardians as needed for guidance with early or urgent dental needs.
- Works collaboratively with KIND CDHC.
- Attends regular Chopper Topper department and KIND team meetings.
- Maintains established departmental policies and procedures, objectives, records, reports, and files, quality improvement, safety, environmental, and infection control standards.
- Checks KIND emails daily.
- Provides preventative patient education through in-school presentations when requested by the school.
- 1:1’s via phone with school nurses, in the classrooms, and as asked by the school administration.
- Attends school events to educate student families, and school administration about the Chopper Topper program and the services that KIND provides.
- Collaborate with school administration to promote program awareness and partnership with KIND.
- Graduation from a Dental Hygiene School accredited by the Commission on Dental Accreditation with an Associate of Applied Science (AAS) in Dental Hygiene.
- 2 years experience as a licensed dental hygienist.
- Likes working with kids.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of safety and infection control requirements as required by OSHA.
- Ability to multitask and problem-solve under minimal supervision.
- Skills in logic and reasoning to identify strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
- Bilingual is a plus.
Computers and Technology
- Microsoft Office/Outlook.
- Ascend Dental Software.
Certificates, Licenses, and Registration
- Valid Colorado license to practice as a Registered Dental Hygienist.
- Will maintain licensure and complies with continuing education requirements according to the state practice act.
- Medicaid and CHP+ credentialling.
- Current Basic Life Support for Health Care Provider Certification/CPR.
- Current and Valid Colorado Driving License.
- $46-50/hr – negotiable due to experience and qualifications
- Year-round pay options available.
- Simple IRA retirement plan.
- Paid KIND holidays.
- Paid Mental health days.