As highlighted in the August 2017 CDA eNews, the Colorado Department of Health Care Policy and Financing (HCPF) gave stakeholders the opportunity to comment on rules governing both the child and adult Medicaid dental benefits.
The CDA submitted comments Aug. 30 on behalf of the Medicaid provider community. The topics addressed in the CDA comments include:
- Restrictive interpretation of the high risk caries criteria
- Reimbursement for application of silver diamine fluoride
- Quadrant limitations on scaling and root planing for operating room cases
- Eligibility concerns related to the timeline for delivering crowns and dentures
- Payment for exams related to required orthodontic assessment on third molars
- Requirements related to HCPF’s noncovered services form
- Addressing collection of copays in secondary billing situations for Medicaid providers
The CDA will keep you updated as more details become available about the next steps in this process.