The New Dentist Committee (NDC) works to connect recent graduates, younger dentists and anyone who has recently joined the dental profession. It is a dynamic group that provides great opportunities for networking and innovation in dental practice.
New dentists face many hurdles in their first years of practice. Increased debt load, working through a practice transition, and managing a practice are just a few of the issues confronting recent grads. The NDC aims to help new dentists in areas including leadership development, decision-making and education. The immediate priorities of the NDC are to:
- Increase grassroots communications to new dentists
- Increase awareness of key issues among new dentists
- Facilitate/promote the development of volunteer leadership to new dentists
- Offer activities and promote fellowship for new dentists
View our NDC sponsors and find out how they can help new dentists like you!
CDA New Dentist Resources
2017 Resource Guide (member login required)
Membership in the CDA matters, and we are here to provide you with tools to be more successful, give you a better work-life balance, and empower you, all while creating moments to where you can gain connections, friendship and camaraderie with your peers.
New Practice Checklist (member login required)
Whether you are buying, joining an existing practice or opening a new practice from scratch, you have many things to consider, including licenses, local requirements, insurance, infection control and OSHA, just to name a few.
View Past Study Clubs
- The New Dentist’s Guide to Managing Liability Inside Your Practice and Financial Planning Solutions to Help You Begin With the End in Mind (recorded March 22, 2017)
- How to Operate an Efficient Practice (recorded Sept. 7, 2016)
- From Financing to Finishes: Every Step Along the Way (recorded Dec. 7, 2016)
CDA Classified Ads
Find your next job or post your own ad. CDA members received a discounted rate when placing their ads, plus a $30 discount in January, April, July, and October. Check out the CDA classified ads today!
ADA New Dentist Resources
- ADA’s New Dentist News or New Dentist Now Blog
- ADA Center for Professional Success
- A New Dentist’s Guide to ADA Membership
Upcoming New Dentist Events
Study Club: Are You Paying Too Much? Is It Time for a Change?
- Discover the questions you should be asking yourself when you’re deciding to buy or lease.
- Learn how to finance and outfit your new practice.
- Understand what it takes to get approval on a new practice or remodel an existing one.
- Determine the best inventory management for your office.
Date: Wednesday, Sept. 27
Networking and Dinner: 6 p.m. to 7 p.m.
Study Club Time: 7 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
Location: Interstate Kitchen and Bar (1001 Santa Fe Dr., Denver, CO 80204
RSVP: Email email@example.com or call 303-996-2842 by 10 a.m. on Tuesday, Sept. 26.
Colorado Mission of Mercy NDC Social
The CDA New Dentist Committee would like for you to join them after a day of creating smiles at the Colorado Mission of Mercy (COMOM) on Friday, October 13th for a social including food and drinks.
Date: Oct. 13, 2017
Time: 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
Location: Coyote Grill, 5220 Nature Center Rd., Pueblo, CO 81003
RSVP: To sign up, contact Erica Carvin at firstname.lastname@example.org or 303-996-2842.
Learn More: For more details, check out the event page.
Save the Date! GV Black Tie Event
Date: Saturday, Dec. 2
Time: 7:30 p.m. to 11 p.m.
Location: Grant-Humphreys Mansion, 770 Pennsylvania St., Denver, CO 80203
Water World Denver
The mission of the NDC is to help new dentists make a successful transition to practice, to encourage membership and volunteer involvement in organized dentistry, to provide resources and education to meet new dentists’ needs, to serve as advocates for the new dentist perspective within organized dentistry and to work to ensure a positive future for the profession through leadership and professional ethics.
The NDC is looking for new dentists who want to get involved on this active committee. If you are interested or just want to know more about the NDC, contact Erica Carvin, CDA membership director, at email@example.com or 303-996-2842.