The New Dentist Committee (NDC) works to connect recent graduates, younger dentists and anyone who has recently joined the dental profession. It is a dynamic group that provides great opportunities for networking and innovation in dental practice.
The mission of the NDC is to help new dentists make a successful transition to practice, to encourage membership and volunteer involvement in organized dentistry, to provide resources and education to meet new dentists’ needs, to serve as advocates for the new dentist perspective within organized dentistry and to work to ensure a positive future for the profession through leadership and professional ethics.
New dentists face many hurdles in their first years of practice. Increased debt load, working through a practice transition, and managing a practice are just a few of the issues confronting recent grads. The NDC aims to help new dentists in areas including leadership development, decision-making and education. The immediate priorities of the NDC are to:
- Increase grassroots communications to new dentists
- Increase awareness of key issues among new dentists
- Facilitate/promote the development of volunteer leadership to new dentists
- Offer activities and promote fellowship for new dentists
Current or future CDA members interested in volunteering may contact the current committee members or the CDA.
Connect the Docs Networking Event
Don’t miss your chance to connect with other docs at this interactive program dedicated to networking, mentoring, strategic and leadership growth to develop successfully in the workplace.
Dr. Lindsay Compton and Dr. Brett Kessler will be drawing from Verne Harnish’s award-winning book Scaling Up: How a Few Companies Make It … and Why the Rest Don’t.
- What do you need to start doing, stop doing and keep doing within your practice?
- What is your Big Hairy Audacious Goal (BHAG) for your workplace?
- Gain strong understanding into what is needed to establish your fundamental values, intention and goals including your BHAG.
Date: Saturday, Feb. 18, 2017
Time: 9 a.m. to noon
Location: CDA Office, 8301 E. Prentice Ave., Ste. 400, Greenwood Village, CO 80111
Reserve Your Spot: You must register to attend. RSVP to Erica Carvin, CDA director of membership, at email@example.com or 303-996-2842.
The NDC is looking for new dentists who want to get involved on this active committee. If you are interested or just want to know more about the NDC, contact Erica Carvin, CDA membership director, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 303-996-2842.