The New Dentist Committee (NDC) works to connect recent graduates, younger dentists and anyone who has recently joined the dental profession. It is a dynamic group that provides great opportunities for networking and innovation in dental practice.
The mission of the NDC is to help new dentists make a successful transition to practice, to encourage membership and volunteer involvement in organized dentistry, to provide resources and education to meet new dentists’ needs, to serve as advocates for the new dentist perspective within organized dentistry and to work to ensure a positive future for the profession through leadership and professional ethics.
New dentists face many hurdles in their first years of practice. Increased debt load, working through a practice transition, and managing a practice are just a few of the issues confronting recent grads. The NDC aims to help new dentists in areas including leadership development, decision-making and education. The immediate priorities of the NDC are to:
- Increase grassroots communications to new dentists
- Increase awareness of key issues among new dentists
- Facilitate/promote the development of volunteer leadership to new dentists
- Offer activities and promote fellowship for new dentists
Current or future CDA members interested in volunteering may contact the current committee members or the CDA.
Dec. 7: NDC Study Club: From Financing to Finishes and Every Step Along the Way
Dinner and Networking: 6 p.m. to 7 p.m.
Program: 7 p.m. to 9 p.m.
Location: Colorado Dental Association, 8301 E. Prentice Ave., Ste. 400, Greenwood Village, CO 80111
RSVP to Attend In-Person: Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Can’t attend? Sign up for live stream.
Speakers are Kent Murphy, from Wells Fargo Bank; Ashwin Bhavikatti, from Bhavikatti Architecture; Eric Burge and John Rhienhardt, from Rocky Mountain Tech Team; and Mike Stanislawski, from Henry Schein.
- Learn how to finance a new practice or remodel an existing one while identifying different types of financing.
- Discover what steps you need to get approved for financing from a bank like Wells Fargo Bank.
- Determine how to better manage your financial profile.
- Recognize the top five design considerations for your office.
- Understand how to set up a technology first practice in 2016.
- Learn how a company like Henry Schein can help you set up or remodel your office.
The NDC is looking for new dentists who want to get involved on this active committee. If you are interested or just want to know more about the NDC, contact Erica Carvin, CDA membership director, at email@example.com or 303-996-2842.