The Medicaid Provider Rate Review Advisory Committee (MPRRAC) assists the Department of Health Care Policy and Financing (HCPF) in the review of provider rates to determine whether rates are sufficient to ensure client access and provider retention. Its next meeting is April 3.
This year the dental rate codes will be reviewed. Some of the defined goals of this process include:
- Review reimbursements for individual and collective CDT codes against industry benchmarks as well as other comparable state reimbursements to determine which might be out of alignment (high or low),
- Identify and propose adjustments to any rates that are causing adverse effects in terms of provider retention or patient access,
- Identify and propose adjustments to any rates that are causing adverse effects for utilization of services or quality of care, and
- Ensure that high-value services are incentivized.
Recommendations from this advisory group will be shared with the state’s legislative Joint Budget Committee for consideration in the following year’s budget cycle (2018-2019 in this case).
How to Participate
Stakeholders are invited to attend an ad hoc MPRRAC meeting April 3, from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. During the meeting, HCPF will take questions from committee members and stakeholders regarding the rate comparison and access-to-care analyses. Meeting materials, including the agenda and presentation, will be posted on the MPRRAC website a week prior to the meeting.
- Attend in Person: The meeting will be held at 303 E. 17th Ave., 7th Floor, Room 7B, in Denver.
- Submit Written Comments: Stakeholders are encouraged to submit written comment to Lila Cummings at Lila.Cummings@state.co.us. Submit written comments by 5 p.m. April 2 so they can be distributed during the meeting. Written comment submitted after that time will be emailed to the MPRRAC.
- Participate by Webinar: HCPF has set up a webinar for those who wish to attend but cannot make it to the meeting.
- Call In to the Meeting: Call 877-820-7831 and use participant code 3031570#.