February 12, 2016
The deadline to renew your dental license—Monday, Feb. 29—is nearing! License renewal is now available through the Colorado Dental Board’s website. If you have not already done so, please remember to renew your state dental license before it expires. Dentists and dental hygienists are not permitted to practice dentistry without a current license.
The Colorado Department of Regulatory Agencies (DORA) administers the license renewal process. If you have an email address on file with the Dental Board, you should have received your license renewal notice by email. Otherwise, you should receive a yellow license renewal postcard in the mail to the address you have on file with the Dental Board. The email or postcard will be your renewal notice and contain instructions on how to renew your license.
Helpful Hints for Renewing a License
- Locate your username and login for both the Health Professions Profile Form and the DORA website
- Before starting your license renewal, update your Healthcare Professions Profile
- Renew your license and pay your fee
- View step-by-step instructions and answers to frequently asked questions
- After about a week (for DORA to process your renewal), you can confirm online that your license has successfully renewed. [Once online, under “Dental,” select the applicable license type and enter your last name (Dentist (DEN) for most licensees.] Enter your name, click “search” and select your record from the list displayed. Click on “Detail” next to your name. Once DORA has processed your license renewal [this can take a few days], the expiration date will show as “02/28/2018.”)
- You do not have to document or attest to completion of continuing education (CE) credits for this license renewal. CE requirements take effect March 1, 2016, and 30 hours of CE will be required for the 2018 license renewal process.
If you have technical issues when renewing your license online, email email@example.com. For all other inquiries regarding your renewal or if you cannot access online services, call DORA’s license renewal support office at 303-894-7800.
Please Note: The CDA is not responsible for dental licenses and is not directly involved in license renewal; however, we make every effort to inform members about this process, as licensure is a critical piece of your dental practice. We have provided this notice as a member benefit to CDA dentists.