Just how much do you know about your profession? Put your knowledge to the test!
1. What year was the first official annual meeting of the Colorado State Dental Association?
2. How much was the three-year tuition at the University of Colorado Dental Department in 1896?
3. How many women graduated in the first class of the dental surgery program in 1898?
4. Research by dentists in which CDA component society led to the understanding that fluoride in the water makes teeth less susceptible to cavities?
A. Colorado Springs Dental Society
B. Intermountain Dental Society
C. San Luis Valley Dental Society
D. Metro Denver Dental Society
5. What year were dental professionals required to wear gloves when treating patients?
6. What were President George Washington’s famous dentures made from?
C. Polished Stone
7. Who was the first practicing dentist in Colorado?
A. Eugene Crocker
B. William Smedley
C. Doc Holliday
D. C.H. Bagley
8. Who was the first president of the Colorado State Dental Association?
A. B.W. Rogers
B. Eugene Crocker
C. William Smedley
D. Henry Rose
9. What was the nickname given to the practice of dentistry where dentists would set-up makeshift dental offices outside of mines to treat miners?
A. Tooth Smithing
B. Tooth Panning
C. Rocky Mountain Dental
D. Mining-Camp Dentistry
10. Doc Holliday died in the Glenwood Springs Sanitarium from:
A. A gunshot wound in the back over a matter of $80
B. Falling into a ravine after losing control of his horse
D. An accidental gunshot wound to his lung when a gun fell out of his patient’s holster and fired
11. In the 17th Century, which individuals were considered the guardians of oral health?
12. What year was the first Bulletin (newsletter/journal) of the Colorado State Dental Association published?
Cheat Sheet: 1. A, 2. D, 3. C, 4. A, 5. A, 6. B, 7. A, 8. C, 9. D, 10. C, 11. B, 12. A