- This event has passed.
Webinar: Can Your Practice Survive a Ransomware Attack?
February 25 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
Late last year, a massive ransomware attack affected over 100 dental practices in Colorado. CDA members walked into their offices on Nov. 25 to find their computers, servers and backups completely encrypted with ransomware. This attack blocked access to patient records, images, documents and attachments. Practices were experiencing 100% outages of all their software and devices. The impacted dentists had to pay large sums of money in the form of cryptocurrency to decrypt their patient data. Recovery efforts, in many cases, exceeded two weeks.
This webinar will feature a panel discussion with a cybersecurity company, a CDA member who was a victim of the ransomware attack, a cybersecurity attorney involved in incident investigation and breach response, and a cyber insurance representative. Together they will paint the picture of the harsh reality of recovering from a ransomware attack.
• Learn how ransomware can cripple your practice with one wrong click.
• Discover how to protect your practice from ransomware attacks and identity theft.
• Understand the solutions that help minimize the chances of a cyber-attack.
• Determine the questions that you should ask your IT company to be sure you’re protected.
• Identify the coverage areas needed in a cyber insurance plan.
1 CE Available
This webinar will be held twice for your convenience:
Tuesday, Feb. 25, 1-2 p.m.
Thursday, Feb. 27, 6:30-7:30 p.m.
Register by emailing Molly Pereira at email@example.com.