- This event has passed.
Use Lips and Ears to Avoid Flips and Fears!
December 2 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm$29
December 2, 2021, 6-8 p.m.
Real World Effective Communication and Conflict Resolution for Dental Patients and Teams
Seminar available in-person OR livestream.
If a tree falls in the woods and there is no one there to hear it, will it make a sound? If that tree was a team member or a patient, would you be the one to listen? In this workshop, we will dive into straightforward to execute strategies that will help us not only become better communicators and listeners with both patients and teams but also help us resolve conflict. The old mantra of “a message sent needs to be received for it to be effective” still reigns true today.
After attending this course, the participant will be able to:
- Identify the two parts of a message
- Use active listening skills when dealing with conflict
- Deploy appropriate communication tactics and de-escalate emotions to have a positive resolution that leave valuable relationships unharmed
- Describe your own personal areas of strength and opportunity in communication
- Define best practices in handling different communication styles and conflict resolution
- Discover ways to leverage these techniques with both dental team members and patients to be able to resolve conflict quickly and effectively
Date: Thursday, December 2, 2021
Time: 6:00pm – 8:00pm (Dinner from 6 – 6:30pm)
Metro Denver Dental Society
925 Lincoln St, Unit B
Denver, CO 80203
$29 CDA/MDDS Member
$29 CDA/MDDS Member Team
$39 Non-CDA/MDDS Member
$39 Non-CDA/MDDS Member Team
CE Credits: 1.5
Format: Lecture – in-person or via live stream
Registration link: https://s3.goeshow.com/mdds/leadership4/
Cancellation Deadline: November 26, 2021
This course is held in partnership with Delta Dental of Colorado.
Brad Guyton D.D.S., M.B.A., M.P.H., serves as Chief Dental Officer for Delta Dental of Colorado and Delta Dental of Virginia. He is an Associate Professor and Course Director for Practice Management, Ethics and Professionalism at the University of Colorado School of Dental Medicine and practices clinical dentistry in Denver, Colorado. Dr. Guyton serves on boards for dental schools and dental foundations, is a Fellow in the ACD, and a member of the ADA, CDA, VDA, and AGD.