Leadership is an activity, not a position, and all CDA members can lead anytime, anywhere. At the CDA, our goal is to ensure our membership and volunteer leadership represent a strong, vibrant, and evolving model of diversity and inclusion for the dental community and the diverse patients they serve.
The CDA has created Diversity in Leadership, designed to enhance the leadership skills of dentists who belong to all racial, ethnic, or gender backgrounds and to bring a variety of professional and personal experiences to our leadership team. This program is designed to develop the competencies and skills that both current and future leaders need in their offices and outside of the office setting.
CDA members and non-CDA members may apply.
Candidates in their final year of dental school or residency are eligible and encouraged to apply.
If you know someone who would be a good fit, nominate him or her for the CDA’s Diversity in Leadership program by emailing contact information to Erica Carvin at email@example.com.
- 3 face-to-face leadership training courses
- Course dates for the class of 2018-19 are April 19-20, 2018; Sept. 27-28, 2018; and April 18-19, 2019.
- Monthly 60-minute conference calls among CDA staff, advisors, and other participants
- Active participation in the online platform
- Completion of a leadership project
- Mentorship of a future class
Applications must include two references who must complete and submit the candidate reference form by Dec. 23, 2017.
Accepted applicants will be notified by Feb. 1, 2018. The program is free for CDA members and $250 for non-CDA members.