Hygienist: The hygienist assumes responsibility for the goals of the hygiene program; monitoring progress and implementing changes that will help meet goals. Provides quality dental hygiene care to the patient population and makes appropriate referrals as needed. The dental hygienist performs related duties as assigned by the dental clinic manager and the chief dental officer. Performs dental measures designed to preserve teeth and prevent the spread of oral disease. We are on the cutting edge of Colorado hygiene practices including tele-dentistry, interim therapeutic restorations and silver diamine fluoride. An FQHC with many sites at schools and fully integrated clinic practices, leading the industry in oral health.
Previous experience in a dental clinic required. Previous non-profit, indigent and/or volunteer experience desirable.
- Knowledge of federal, state, and institutional regulations and guidelines for the provision of dental outpatient services
- Ability to independently assess the nature and extent of dental, periodontic and associated conditions and pathology in dental outpatients
- Knowledge of patient screening, charting and medical history procedures and documentation
- Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical personnel
- Ability to perform a full range of established dental hygienist protocol and procedures
- Ability to analyze medical records and prescribed protocol to formulate effective therapeutic treatment plans
- Knowledge and understanding of dental surgery and associated procedures, terminology and techniques
- Ability to set up and prepare dental equipment and instrumentation in accordance with established regulations and guidelines
- Ability to independently perform emergency dental procedures