December 21, 2011
Thank you to the hundreds of dentists and dental professionals in Colorado who have registered to be a part of the 10th Annual Give Kids a Smile Day program on Feb. 3, 2012. Many of you have participated in this program for years and know that planning for your program ahead of time makes for a more successful event in February.
Here is a GKAS “To Do List” for December and early January:
- If you applied for free product through the ADA GKAS corporate sponsors, the list of recipients is posted here. Free product will be shipped the week of Jan. 9, 2012.
- Now is the ideal time to decide how many patients you can treat for GKAS and the type of treatment your office will donate. If you’re visiting schools, it is also a good time to decide which school you’ll be visiting to provide school presentations. Be sure to make arrangements with the principal to get on the school’s schedule for February.
- If you’re treating patients in your office, make a plan for recruiting deserving patients. Think of resources that you may have in your current patient pool. Is one of your patients a teacher, principal, social worker, daycare instructor or church administrator? These are great trusted community resources who would be thrilled to help you locate families who could use this program. Ask for their help to spread the word about your office’s efforts and to recruit patients for you. Remember, GKAS is for children without dental insurance, CHP+, the means to afford dental care and a current dental home.
- In addition to getting help from your own patients, make personal calls or visits to nearby schools, daycare facilities and churches, and ask if they have children who need help.
- The CDA is also here as a resource for you. If you make us aware of your GKAS needs in advance, we can help you recruit patients to treat and establish lesson plans for school presentations. Please contact Molly Pereira at 303-996-2844, 80-343-3010 or email@example.com ASAP if you need assistance.
Additional information about GKAS scheduling and planning is available on the CDA’s Website by clicking here.