The CDA believes in giving back to the community through its charitable efforts. That’s possible because of the CDA Foundation, a 501(c)3 organization, that supports the CDA’s access-to-care agenda and Dental Health Matters efforts to increase discussions about oral health and the dental profession in Colorado communities and advocate for smart improvements that increase access to dental care.
Semiannually, the CDA Foundation awards monetary grants to 501(c)3 organizations dedicated to improving access-to-care. Non-profit organizations can download CDA Foundation Grant Application. The next submission deadline is March 16, 2018.
Black Friday. Cyber Monday. Giving Tuesday. Give Back Nov. 18, 2017!
Celebrated on the Tuesday following Thanksgiving and the widely recognized shopping events Black Friday and Cyber Monday, Giving Tuesday kicks off the charitable season, when many focus on their holiday and end-of-year giving.
In this spirit, we hope you’ll choose the CDA Foundation as one of your charities of choice this Giving Tuesday. This year, the CDA has helped fund grants that have gone to aiding those affected by recent fires and hurricanes across the country, supporting dental students as they work to become the future of the profession, and funding programs in the state that make a difference in the lives of patients in need of dental care!
On Nov. 28, 2017, please help us give back to communities in need across the state. Here are three ways you can give!
Donate to the CDA Foundation just by shopping on Amazon – at no cost to you!
You shop on Amazon, so why not make your dollar stretch even further? Amazon Smile will donate .5% of the price of eligible purchases to the CDA Foundation.
1. Go to Amazon Smile and log into your Amazon account.
2. Hover over “Account & Lists” and click on “Your Amazon Smile.”
3. Search for and select “Colorado Dental Association Foundation Inc” in the “Pick your Charitable Organization” section. Or, to change your charity to the foundation, click on “Change Charity” and search for “Colorado Dental Association Foundation Inc.”
4. Start shopping – all donations are automatic!
5. Bookmark smile.amazon.com so you can support the CDA Foundation every time you shop.
About the Foundation
The CDA foundation will work hard to:
- provide access to care to families across generations,
- establish dental coordinators in underserved areas,
- educate children about the role of oral health in overall health, and
- secure the CDA as the leading oral health advocate in Colorado.
CDA Foundation Board Officers and Members
- Dr. Brett Kessler (Denver), chair of the board
- Greg Hill (Greenwood Village), president
- Dr. Ken Peters (Aurora), vice president
- Robin Wandschneider (Commerce City), treasurer
- Dr. Gary Field (Colorado Springs), secretary
- Dr. Michael Varley (Highlands Ranch)
- Dr. Carol Morrow (Walsh)
- Dr. Terry Brewick (Denver)
- Molly Pereira (Greenwood Village)
To increase annual support of the foundation, align the goals and objectives of the foundation to the CDA’s access-to-care vision, support rural and underserved dental access expansion and encourage dental professional well-being.
The CDA Foundation is an essential component of the CDA’s access-to-care and charitable initiatives and champions dental professional well-being.
Making a financial contribution to the foundation is an easy and effective way for members to get involved and make a difference. To contribute, check the CDA Foundation box on your dues form, donate online or contact CDA Foundation President Greg Hill at firstname.lastname@example.org, 303-996-2846 or 800-343-3010, ext. 106.