Balance Work With Play!
Guided Family Hike
June 11, 11:00 a.m.
Beaver Lake Trail (located behind the hotel)
Before you go home on Sunday, take a breathtaking guided hike on the Beaver Lake Trail. This hike will be led by Dr. Brett Kessler and kids are welcome. Meet on the backyard greenbelt of the hotel. Please bring water, food and appropriate shoes for the hike.
GoPro Mountain Games
The GoPro Mountain Games are the country’s largest celebration of adventure sports, art and music, and the games will be in Vail the same weekend as the CDA Annual Session!
When you’re done learning and leading at the meeting, hop on the hotel shuttle or local bus to watch the extreme sporting events and athletes. This jam packed festival includes swag from GoPro sponsors, concerts every night and events for the entire family.
GoPro has events for both “pros and Joes,” so anyone can participate and not all of the events are extreme. Visit mountaingames.com and view a sampling below.
- Yoga: Experience the Zen Zone (183 Gore Creek Dr.) each day of the weekend with a unique yoga experience on the mountain with internationally known instructors. Classes are $5-$35.
- Fun Runs: In lieu of the CDA’s annual 5K, check out the Superfeet Apres 5K Trail Run on June 9 at 5:30 p.m., Superfeet 10K Spring Runoff on June 10 at 8 a.m., or Pepi’s Face-Off (a 30-minute uphill/downhill dash) on June 11 at 10:30 a.m. Registration prices vary.
- Kids: Even the littlest athletes can participate at the event. On June 10 at 10 a.m., kids can take part in the free X-Country Mountain Bike ride (458 Vail Valley Dr.). Later that day at 1:30 p.m. families can try out the Mountain Mud Run (400 Bridge St.). Lastly, there is a youth climbing wall competition (280 Vail Rd.) on June 11 at 8 a.m.
- Dogs: GoPro loves dogs and welcomes anyone to join the Rocky Dog Trail Run 5K (400 Bridge St.) on June 8 at 5:30 p.m. The fee is $45-$55 depending on time of registration.
- Concerts: Don’t miss 3 FREE nights of concerts at the Gerald R. Ford Amphitheater, including music from Moon Taxi, Keller Williams’ Grateful Grass and Nahko and Medicine for the People.
Did you know Vail has a rollercoaster? Depending on the timing of the last spring snowfall in Vail, Epic Discovery is open in June and not-to-miss. With a day pass, adults and kids can access the Forest Flyer™ alpine coaster, zip line, tubing, adventure course and scenic gondola.
Book online or call 888-500-5155 to speak with a local expert.
All Day Options ~ On your own activities:
Beaver Creek Ice Rink
In the heart of the Beaver Creek Village lies the Beaver Creek Ice Rink—open year-round. Skate rentals are available and a special Zamboni prepares the ice every three hours. Call 970-845-0438.
Lawn Games at the Park Hyatt Beaver Creek
Come play at the Park! The backyard lawn offers lush space for badminton, volleyball, cornhole, and bocce ball. Pick up your game sets and equipment at the Activities Desk by the pool. Call 970-949-1234. Also in the backyard you’ll find miniature golf. Call 970-845-7531.
Late Night S’mores – Free for Park Hyatt Guests
Every night at 7 p.m., Park Hyatt guests can get free s’mores packets from the resort restaurant to take to the community fire pit. Don’t miss these homemade marshmallows!
Mountain Gondolas and Chairlifts
There are two lifts just behind the hotel. If you have an Epic Ski Pass, bring it for a free ride on the Centennial Express (otherwise the lift has a fee). At the top of the lift , enjoy a game of disc golf! Just want to experience a short ride up the mountain? The smaller Buckaroo Express is also available and free.
Allegria Spa is a full service European style luxury day spa with a fresh and sophisticated design.
Beaver Creek Children’s Museum
The Children’s Museum is filled with fun and educational attractions for kids. They’ll love building and construction themed activities, “The Computer Zone,” science gadgets, a fossil dig, and a working theatrical stage filled with costumes and props. Located a quick walk from the resort. Admission is free.
Beaver Creek Stables
A free shuttle ride away from the resort are the Beaver Creek Stables, offering horseback riding for all ages and free pony rides for kids, 5 years and under.
Sage Outdoor Adventures
Take advantage of all the Vail Valley has to offer. Sage Outdoor Adventures brings the outdoors to you with horseback riding, sporting clays, rafting trips, ATV tours, tubing and more!
Colorado Ski and Snowboard Museum
The Colorado Ski and Snowboard Museum is a treasure trove of ski history and heritage.
Gore Creek Fly Fisherman
Gore Creek Fly Fisherman is the Vail Valley’s oldest fl y fishing shop and most prominent guide service.